wow, here we are. 2008 is over. although we don’t have a baby to show for all of our hard work, at least we’ve had a lot of sex! let’s recap some of the other key things we can take away from 2008:
- we have a much closer relationship. more solid and more connected, even though i didn’t think that was possible.
- we learned a lot about how our bodies work. for example, i have a long follicular phase (3 weeks), but a normal luteal phase (2 weeks).
- acupuncture is relaxing, and has been since i’ve been going every other week starting in april.
- stressful jobs suck and should be quit immediately, rather than waiting until september — especially when that job makes you miss a period.
- new jobs that aren’t stressful are life changing. i haven’t been this relaxed and stress-free in years.
- 12 months can really fly by. this is a good thing because it means, before we know it, we’ll have a baby in our arms.
- i spent many many hours/days/weeks thinking about babies. it’s taken over all of my downtime. when i’m not thinking about work-related stuff, i’m thinking about babies.
- it’s okay to cry sometimes, as long as you don’t lose hope.
2008 has been great and i’m hopeful that 2009 will bring even more good things. hope is key. every month when good ol’ AF shows up again, we get a little sad but we’ve managed to stay hopeful. we haven’t been diagnosed with any issues (yet). we still have time. it will happen. and we’ll look back on all the years of our marriage, pre-baby, with fond memories. the trips. the spontaneity. the restaurants. the cocktails. sleeping in on the weekends.
this blog is an outlet for all of my pent up emotions — trust me, there are lots. i want to remember how i’m feeling and what i’m going through. i may even want to share with my family and friends at some point to help them understand if we decide we’re ready to share.