My friend over at Wait, What? sent me this awesome Kreativ Blogger award! Two awards in one month! Thank you. It reminds me that people are reading along and just knowing you all are there, makes me feel warm and fuzzy!
So here are The Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award [check!]
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. [check!]
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. [check!]
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know. [see below!]
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. [see below!]
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. [see below!]
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated. [in progress!]
Here it goes….
1. I’m was born a girly girl through and through. I insisted on always wearing dresses and everything down to my undies and barrette had to be color coordinated! I wear pants now, but I have to admit: dresses are still my thing. And putting on makeup. Still a girly girl.
2. All of my best girlfriends are exactly the same type. Strong personalities, fiercely independent, smart, beautiful, funny. I think it’s interesting that over the years I’ve gravitated to women who have similar personalities to mine. None of them are high-maintenance. I love that in a friend. Friendships that take a lot out of you aren’t worth it to me. I love my friends.
3. I am the first college graduate in my family. I went on to get a graduate degree as well. This has been good and bad. The good is I’ve set an example for those who are growing up behind me. The bad is that its created a divide that is sometimes difficult to overcome.
4. I was a vegetarian for many, many years. I would eat eggs and dairy, and some fish, but all red meat, pork and poultry was off limits. I partially became a vegetarian because I didn’t like the texture of meat. I think it was also part of “rebelling” against my parents. Then I finally succumbed to bacon. Bacon opened the door to meat. I ran back in and there’s no looking back!
5. I have a particular way that I eat Peanut M&Ms. I have to take one and bite off half of the chocolate. Then in my second bite, I get the rest of the chocolate and the entire peanut. There’s something about the ratio in the latter that I love! I do the same kind of thing with Combos, which happens to be one of my favorite snack foods.
6. I used to work for a television ministry in college. I needed an internship and this one happened to pay, so I took it. The cool part was working on the TV show! Lights, cameras, action! But this money hungry church full of backstabbing people ripped out, stomped on, and obliterated any shred of faith I may have had left for organized religion. Because of my experience there, I can’t get back on the bandwagon.
7. I am a total foodie. Low brow, high brow. I’ve done it all. I’ve eaten weird molecular gastronomy dishes (like things with foam) and I’ve eaten street meat (from the street vendors). Tapas are probably my favorite, but honestly just give me some wine, cheese, crackers, olives, nuts, dried fruit and I’m set! Sometimes we dine out and sometimes we cook, but food is a huge part of my life. Oh, and I don’t like leftovers which can be a problem since I like to eat so much.
Okay, enough about me! I’m passing this award on to the following lovely Kreativ Bloggers. I hope you play along, but if not, I understand. 🙂