(OpCOOTIC = Operation Coming Out Of The IF Closet)
Earlier last month we decided that it was time to stop bottling this all up. So far, we are so glad that we’re starting to open up to friends and family. Every single person we’ve shared our news with thus far has been so understanding, so warm, so kind, so loving. We have no regrets (yet).
Here’s the latest on who we’ve spilled the beans to:
- My soon-to-give-birth to #2 BFF
- A co-worker and a dear friend mentioned in my original OpCOOTIC post
- Another dear friend who is actually a single mother of twins (she was rooting for triplets on our last FET)
- My boss – he cried when I told him and he hugged me for a long time. So touching. I had to come out of the closet to him since it will be more difficult to hide appointments with my new RE.
- My sister-in-law who’s currently 20+ weeks pregnant after several miscarriages
I’ve been doing all the spilling of the beans and I really wanted my husband to have a turn and that’s the best part: he got to tell his parents this past weekend! OMG, it was so special. His parents were so amazing. SO amazing. And hubby finally got to get it off of his chest. HE finally was able to talk about it. I’m so thankful that I have such an awesome husband and such fantastic in-laws. I’m truly a lucky, lucky girl.
Wanna know the next to best part? They’re insisting on paying for a portion of our cycle! I don’t even care about the money (I would personally pay for this cycle and many more to get our baby), but the gesture is just so completely moving. The thought that someone would want to go out of their way to help us realize our dreams of parenthood it just breathtaking to me. I am so so so grateful.
My parents are visiting this week so I plan to tell them as well. Might as well let the cat out of the bag to both sets of parents in one week! I think my parents will be shocked that we’ve even been trying. I think that they think we don’t want children. Little do they know. Wish me luck!