My good friend Sienna at It’s Baby Time! tagged me for a Q&A chain letter. How fun! Thanks S!
(1) What is your dream occupation?
I would loooove to be a dermatologist. I realized this in my 30s and I don’t really feel like going back to school at this point so I’ll stick with my current career. Maybe one day I’ll open a spa or something.
(2) What is the best dish that you can cook?
I’m really great at preparing awesome breakfast dishes. Yeah, I know it’s not super creative to whip up some bacon and eggs but man, do I make a mean bacon and eggs. We like to cook and experiment a lot, but there isn’t anything I can think of that I cook often enough to say that’s “my best dish.” I did whip up an awesome penne ala vodka the other day. Mmm, I could eat some of that right now. Oh, and I love to experiment with crazy desserts like over-the-top cupcakes or macarons.
(3) Have you ever been mentioned in the newspaper? What for?
Yes, for my college and grad school graduations, my wedding and as surviving family in a few obituaries.
(4) What’s the worst and/or most memorable job you’ve ever had?
Wow, I have a few examples for both but since I’m anonymous I’ll share the less specific examples. (If you want to hear the good stuff, let me know if you want to meet up. 🙂 ) The worst was probably when I was a promotional spokesmodel in college. I once got sent on a job that had me give out sames of the mini cheese Ritz crackers at a Sam’s Club. Not my cup of tea.
The most memorable was probably the job I had before I left to come to NYC. I love my job now, the one I had back home was awesome too. It was the only job I ever quit for a reason (relocating) other than simply being bored or hating my job. I worked with great people and great clients on awesome projects and I often reminisce about those days even now.
(5) When you were a teenager, at what age did you envision yourself getting married? How old were you in reality when you got married?
I always thought I’d be married by 25 and be done having kids by 30. I ended up getting married one month after my 28th birthday and we all know how the having kids part ended up so far.
(6) What’s your most hated household chore? what’s your favorite?
Putting away clean laundry. I don’t mind folding, I just hate putting it away.
(7) What’s your earliest memory?
Playing with my grandma’s kitty as a toddler. I was maybe 3. I’m still a cat person to this day (but I love dogs, too!).
Now I’m not sure how many people I’m supposed to pass this on to, so since this is my 5th cycle, I’ll choose 5. Can’t wait to read about more of you!
(1) Lis from Built In Birth Control
(2) Maddy from A Space of My Own
(3) One Fifth Fox from Trying for Two
(4) Low Fat Lady from Tales of My Follies
(5) Genevieve from Spermination Station