For anyone who’s interested…
- Daily – Taking Folgard (2.2mg) and baby aspirin for MTHFR and also taking prenatal, fish oil, vitamin D
- Getting acupuncture once or twice a week. I’m also supplementing with Chinese herbs. I started Xiao Yao Wan on 10/7 to help with my liver qi stagnation. I switched to Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan on 10/19 which is the same stuff with a little extra added (Jia Wei) to also help with heat issues. I may or may not continue through stims.
IVF #2 Protocol:
- 9/14 – BCPs for 6 weeks (all active pills)
- 10/23 – Lupron (10 units) in AM*, Dexamethasone (0.75mg) with biggest meal
- 10/25 – Last BCP
- 11/1 – Baseline Ultrasound and E2
- 11/2 – Decrease Lupron (5 units)
- 11/3 – Follistim (225 units) in PM*
- 11/5 – Decrease Follistim (150 units), Luveris (0.5 vial)
- 11/8 – Ultrasound and E2
- 11/10-11 – Probable HCG injection
- 11/12-13 – Probable Egg Retrieval
- (Biopsy embryos on day 3)
- 11/15-17 – Probable Embryo Transfer
*AM means anytime before lunch. PM means anytime between dinner and bedtime. Luveris always after Follistim. This method will greatly help me reduce stress. In the past, I’ve always stressed about being so darned exact (and look where that got me). Not this time! Relax. Breathe. Inject.
For IVF #1, I stimmed for 10 days at 300 units of Gonal-F. If I respond similarly, it looks like ER will be pushed to week of 11/15. We shall see. I’ll get more precise instructions at my appointment on 11/8.
Some interesting findings for the new meds I’ve never taken before:
- Dexamethasone: From Wikipedia – “Long term use of dexamethasone … is widespread among prostitutes in Bangladesh in spite of the dangers, because it helps them grow fat easily, an attractive feature in this poor country.” Awesome. I’ve already been told to expect weight gain and irritability. (Sorry husband. Just remember that I love you!) However, I’ve read good things about this steroid helping pregnancy rates so I’ll gladly take it!
- Luveris – I guess this similar to Menopur, which I know many of you take, except it’s pure LH rather than LH/FSH. In my research, the ladies love the Luveris in terms of getting pregnant.