I’ve been pretty busy the last couple of weeks getting situated in our new apartment and interviewing nannies. I can’t believe my maternity leave is nearing an end already! Now for some updates.
The rest of my parents visit went well. Our dinner date was fantastic and I appreciated the time alone with my husband, and my parents enjoyed themselves as well. Thanks for giving me the kick in the butt I needed, because I almost didn’t go. My mom has been fine since. Until yesterday. But, I won’t bore you with her latest batch of crazies. Let’s just say I refuse to text message with her any more. She’s too passive aggressive.
On to the good stuff! My babies are in the DOUBLE DIGITS now!!! Woohoo!
Here are some highlights from the past few weeks:
- One of my guys (PB) likes to constantly be held and will only nap if he’s touching me. I find it super sweet that he’s a momma’s boy. I can sometimes get him to nap on his own, but it’s a lot of work to get him down.
- The boys are getting super good at holding up their heads! At 10 weeks I tried out their Bumbo seats and they did such a good job! They almost look like little boys instead of babies!
- They’re “talking” more and more and “telling stories.” It’s so cute! They totally converse with you! And during all the talking, there are tons of smiles, too.
- When we go on walks, I love watching them absorb their surroundings. They’re learning so much!
- They love story time. They stay pretty engaged when you’re reading, but I’m not too sure they’re looking at the book much. They’re really into my facial expressions though.
- There have been some flips from tummy to back during tummy time, but it always seemed like an accident but no more. They both hate tummy time, PB especially. I just got them an activity mat so hopefully it might help make tummy time more enjoyable for them.
- I weighed the babies earlier this week and HR is 11 pounds and PB is 10.5 pounds, both up from 8.6 pounds at 2 months (~9 weeks). We don’t see the pedi again until 4 months (~17 weeks).
- I’m coming to terms with the supplemental bottles of formula I’m giving them each day. It’s ridiculous that I’m even struggling with this. I mean, they’re nursing for EVERY feeding so they’re still getting plenty of BM but the little extra will help them grow to be strong little men! Besides, they get frustrated during the day and in the evening because my supply is naturally lower then. Their diaper output has always been fine, but it’s nice to be able to offer them a little extra to help keep them happy. Plus, I’m able to build up my stash. Win-win. So I just need to relax. It’s challenging when you don’t meet your own expectations and I never like to lose, so I’m hard on myself.
- I love breastfeeding. I will be so sad the day we stop. I am hoping to make it to 6 months (mid-January). I love they way they throw their arms around my boobs. I love feeling their little hands wiggling around. I adore their little pink faces after they’re done eating. It’s such a special bond and I’m so glad I stuck with it.
- We’re all moved into our new place. It’s a fantastic apartment. Brand new so I didn’t have to worry about disinfecting other people’s germs out of it. The neighborhood is perfect, too. There are so many other families, so rather than feeling like a burden around a bunch of single people, we fit right in – double stroller and all! My husband pointed out that this is the place where these guys are gonna say their first words and take their first steps. How fun!
- We started interviewing nannies. I think I found “the one.” I could tell when I spoke to her on the phone. We already met her in person and I really adored her and she was great with the babies. She has 20 years experience and tons of experience with twins and triplets. We’re meeting with another candidate tomorrow morning but I’m still thinking this first one is our nanny.
- I’ll start back at work half time from home two weeks from Monday. I wanted to ease into it. I go back full time in the flesh the week of 11/7. OMG! I will leave my babies during the day! I have enjoyed every single minute with them. I am so glad I went it alone and didn’t have help. I now know exactly what my nanny will be going through every day and I will respect her even more. I am going to miss them SO much but I’m also very excited to be working again. I love my job and my salary is a nice plus, too. Having a job like I do makes me feel good about myself: happy, successful and accomplished. Having a mommy who’s fulfilled in every area of her life can only be better for my boys. If I hated my job, I’d probably stay home.