Weight loss is great but one not so awesome side effect has been my bra size. I just had to replace all my B cups with As. Waaaah!
So one of you asked to hear more about what’s been working for me with respect to getting fit. There are a few things:
- My 37th birthday next month
- The boys’ 1st birthday next month – 12 months out means I have no more excuses
- Promising my husband years ago that I’d never be a frump
- Day 1: juice for all 3 meals to prepare for cleanse; weigh in, take measurements and before pictures
- Day 2 & 3: 48-hour detox cleanse
- Days 4 & 5: juice for all 3 meals
- After those first 5, rough days I lost my cravings for sweets and carbs. Since then I’ve had juice for breakfast every day. I sometimes also have a juice in place of lunch or dinner and when I’m having a meal, it usually consists of fresh veggies and lean protein. I’ve been avoiding anything processed and although I’m not avoiding dairy, I’ve had very little. Now that I think about it, I’m having very few carbs as well.
The first week I didn’t exercise at all. Once I was eating regular food again, I hit the gym. I work out 4 or 5 days a week. I consistently take the stairs (unless I’m with babies), which is no small feat since I live and work on the 7th floors. I usually do 20 minutes of cardio (running) and then do a whole body workout with a special focus on strengthening my very weak core.
- Week 1: 7.4 lbs lost
- Week 2: 1.6 lb lost
- Week 3: 1.6 lb lost
- Week 4: 2.2 lb lost
- Week 5: 0.6 lb lost
- Total pounds lost: 13.4
- Current weight: 116.6
I feel great and I’m looking better. I don’t think I’ve ever had a core this strong in my life. Now someone please tell me the loose skin will go away, right? Riiiight?! It’s not too bad. It looks fine if I’m standing but sitting or bending over is another story. I’ve only been at this for 5 weeks so I also realize that I need to be patient. Maybe I’ll share my before and current pics. I won’t say “after” pics because I plan on continuing getting fit. The way I look at it, I’m 2 days into week 6. That’s nothing. If I want this to truly be a lifestyle change, I have to keep at it so it becomes habit.